Teacher - Special Education Self-Contained Autism 2019-2020 SY
TITLE: Special Education Teacher-Autism
To provide excellent special education instruction to students with disabilities; to demonstrate best practices to enhance student performance; to provide excellent educational opportunities in the least restrictive environment that is conducive to student achievement.
- Arizona certificate for mildly disabled students (LD, ED, MIMR, OI). Other categories considered.
- A comprehensive knowledge of special education students’ needs and special education programming.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Autism methodologies and best practices.
- Successful experience working with intermediate-aged students with Autism, LD, ED, MIMR, and other categories.
- Teaching ability: increasing students’ language development and communication skills, cognitive and literacy skills; improving motor ability to enhance school performance; increasing mathematical reasoning and problem-solving skills; social and behavior skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaborate with general education staff to enhance student progress and provide necessary accommodations and modifications in the general education environment.
- Ability to plan for and supervise instructional assistants.
- Ability to promote the inclusion of students as appropriate for individual students.
- Knowledge and experience in effective inclusive practices.
- Ability to develop effective lesson plans based on appropriate IEP development.
- Commitment to helping students achieve in the Madison curriculum and according to state standards.
- Able to work effectively with parents.
- Commitment to attend district training in math and literacy learning.
- Will attend all Faculty meetings, participate and contribute in all staff development.
- Participate in Student Success Team (SST) meetings and Multidisciplinary Conference (MDC) meetings.
- Personal characteristics include: positive attitude, high energy level, organized, attentive to time lines, thorough with paperwork requirements, a team player, a contributing faculty member, able to manage multiple tasks and an effective communicator.
Director of Special Education and School Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
205 days on Teacher’s schedule (includes holidays/breaks). Salary to be determined according to the Board approved range.
Performance will be evaluated by the building principal with input from the Director of Special Education.
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)