Teacher on Assignment - District Spanish Immersion Instructional Coach 2018-2019SY
TITLE: DISTRICT TOA - SPANISH IMMERSION INSTRUCTIONAL COACH
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Bilingual Endorsement preferred
- Minimum five years of teaching experience preferred
The primary responsibility of this position is to support teachers in enhancing their instructional practices in a Spanish Immersion setting.
- Serves as the district liaison to support, mentor and review Spanish Immersion practices K-8.
- Serves as a communication liaison on the Spanish Immersion programs between teacher, administration and district personnel.
- Assists with the development, alignment, and implementation of Spanish curriculum that emphasizes state standards.
- Serves as a lead facilitator for professional development in Spanish Immersion for K-8 teachers.
- Contributes to the accomplishment of district and school goals and priorities.
- Provides instructional intervention as determined by the needs of school sites.
- Facilitates grade levels in interpreting and utilizing various assessment data for instructional planning and goal setting.
- Models effective standards-based instructional practices to meet the needs of diverse populations (ELD, SPED, etc) and to maintain district expectations.
- Facilitates implementation of effective research-based instructional strategies such as flexible grouping of students, differentiating instruction, etc.
- Serves as a leader in the implementation of district curriculum and instructional programs.
- Participates in mentor training and serves as a mentor to designated staff.
- Works collaboratively with building and district administration.
- Participates in curriculum design, adoption and assessment development.
- Assists with the organization and implementation of district and state assessments.
- Supports district mission and vision.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director for Curriculum and Instruction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate technology into classroom instruction
- Demonstrates knowledge of interpreting data and assessments to make instructional decisions.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility, dependability, organization, and collaboration.
- Possesses collaborative leadership skills, mentoring skills, and knowledge of the adult learner.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate assessment results and current Spanish Immersion research.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to innovate.
- Demonstrates lifelong learning.
- Ability to work effectively with technology, MAP, Illuminate, Google, etc.
- Ability to stay informed on the latest research, trends and developments in all areas of education.
Executive Director for Curriculum and Instruction
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Maintains valid certifications, fingerprint card and Appropriately Certified status.
Observes teacher calendar and all Madison School District policies.
Salary to be determined yearly according to Governing Board approved range.
Certified Teacher contract with an additional 4 weeks.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Board policy by the Executive Director for Curriculum and Instruction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and to travel from site to site within the district.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:00 AM -
Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)