MADISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #38
TITLE: SPED Paraprofessional
- Possess high school diploma or equivalent (a copy will need to be provided), Minimum AA Degree, 60 credit hours OR Parapro Certification.
- Work with students on a one-to-one basis including students with sensory, cognitive, emotional and/or physical disabilities.
- Work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Relate to public, staff and students in a positive manner.
- Ability to use word processing on MAC/PC computer.
- Prefer experience in working with children with disabilities.
- Possess or able to obtain current First Aid and CPR cards.
- Lift, position and transfer students safely lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Perform the duties required of the position including confidentiality, personal organization and timely submission of all paperwork.
Working under the supervision of a special education teacher, provide instructional support and assistance to students with disabilities.
- Assist the teacher in implementing the special education instructional program under the teacher’s direct or indirect supervision.
- Work with students on a one-to-one basis and in small groups.
- Make and gather materials and resources for special education instruction.
- Monitor student activities as assigned (i.e., in classroom, on playground, on bus).
- Follow teacher(s) directions to provide a consistent discipline program for students.
- Observe, monitor and records student behavior.
- Keep the instructional staff (VO, O&M, and others) informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Use the following equipment, but not limited to: computer, printer, copy machine and assistive technology.
- Participate in staff development training, faculty meetings, and special events, as needed.
- Understand and apply safety-related precautions as outlined in SDS (safety data sheets).
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the designated supervisor(s), including special education teacher, therapists, building administrator and director of special education.
SPED Paraprofessionals must have the willingness and ability to perform the following tasks. Appropriate training and supervision will be provided by special education personnel.
- Position and lift physically impaired students.
- Assist with self-care skills (i.e., eating, toileting, and recreation).
- Implement appropriate behavioral strategies.
- Work with children with limited speech, hearing, physical and/or cognitive abilities.
- Use appropriate non-violent crisis intervention techniques.
- Use assistive technology; basic sign language as needed.
- Work with general education teachers in inclusive arrangements.
- Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as assigned.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- In-service before school starts.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customer or employees.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations / issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
Performance will be evaluated by classroom teacher and reviewed by the Principal.
Supervised by the classroom teacher.
GRADE / SALARY SCHEDULE / LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
Grade 8 $11.25-18.00 (DOE)
9 month / Benefits
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)