| ||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSTING DATE: ||11/29/2018|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002941|
|POSITION: ||SCHOOL SECRETARY II|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
- Possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Require knowledge to operate standard office equipment and machines.
- Ability to relate to staff, public and students in a positive manner.
- Ability to handle confidential material.
- Ability to perform general clerical duties.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Require an excellent command of the English language, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to perform general bookkeeping tasks.
- Spanish Bilingual (preferred).
- Ability to translate written Spanish to English, English to Spanish (preferred).
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Act as receptionist for the school.
- Answer phone, take and deliver messages.
- Type letters, programs, memorandums, and reports from rough drafts, verbal instructions, or own notes.
- Compose and type routine correspondence.
- Tabulate and verify figures for accuracy.
- Act as a secretary, health associate or nurse in their absence and in times of high volume.
- Perform all duties in conjunction with Use of Facilities.
- Assist in handling student funds and cash box.
- Perform work in accordance with established office procedures.
- Responsible for State Registers - recording, reports.
- Distribute daily mail.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
- Supervise and release students to parents/guardians as necessary.
- Perform maintenance on copy machines as needed.
- Operate equipment safely; understand and apply safety-related precautions as outlined in SDS (safety data sheets).
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as assigned.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customer or employees.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations / issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
Performance will be evaluated by the Principal.
Supervised by the Principal. Exercises no supervisory responsibilities.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
10 months - 20 additional days to be scheduled at the discretion of the site prior to the start of the school year.
| ||FROM -   TO - |
|GRADE / STEP: ||12|