|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
1. Possess high school diploma or equivalent, school system experience (preferred).
2. Possess four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience (preferred).
3. Require an excellent command of the English language.
4. Ability to write letters using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
5. Require knowledge to operate standard office equipment and machines, including intercom.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence and conferences.
7. Communicate with others in a clear and precise manner.
8. Relate to students, staff and the public in a positive manner. 9. Perform basic office procedures and basic bookkeeping. 10. Spanish Bilingual (preferred). 11. Ability to translate written Spanish to English, English to Spanish (preferred).
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
1. Oversee the operations of the school office.
2. Act as personal secretary to the principal.
3. Prepare correspondence independently from oral instruction, district forms and reports.
4. Prepare reports, newsletters and bulletins for principals, superintendent, Board, and parents as directed.
5. Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
6. Answer routine questions on interpretation and application of school policies and procedures.
7. Schedule and attend meetings, take notes and prepare summaries for distribution to participants.
8. Order and maintain office supplies and materials for use by staff.
9. Act as registrar/attendance clerk, health associate or nurse in their absence and assist in times of high volume.
10. Coordinate student funds, donations, and tax credit monies.
11. Manage the school budget.
12. Sort daily correspondence.
13. Edit Kronos timecards for classified staff.
14. Prepare and maintain PAR’s, timesheets, permission slips, student lists, etc., as needed.
15. Maintain calendar for school activities.
16. Oversee substitute coverage for absent teachers.
17. Assist in media communication.
18. Update school marquee.
19. Assist in the coordination of field trips.
20. Produce annual projects as needed, such as student handbook and Crisis Plan notebooks.
21. Supervise and release students to parents/guardians as necessary.
22. Perform maintenance on copy machine as needed.
23. Operate equipment safely.
24. Understand and apply safety-related precautions as outlined in SDS (safety data sheets)..
25. Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as assigned.