Middle School Teacher - Spanish Science
TITLE: SCIENCE SPANISH IMMERSION TEACHER
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and fingerprint clearance card
- Appropriately Certified
- Fluent in Spanish
To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom, to motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with other staff members.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
- Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Teaches curriculum aligned to state standards.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national standards, district curriculum and instructional materials and assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of interpreting data and assessments to make instructional decisions.
- Supports school and district mission and vision.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility, dependability, organization, and collaboration.
- Establishes rapport with peers and parents.
- Is willing to participate in district training for coaching.
- Demonstrates lifelong learning.
- Seeks opportunities to demonstrate leadership.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Maintains valid certifications, fingerprint card and Appropriately Certified status. Observes teacher calendar and all Madison School District policies. Salary to be determined yearly according to Governing Board approved range.
Performance will be evaluated by the building principal or designee.
Supervises classroom employees, students and volunteers.
Job Contact Information
Monday, January 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)