| ||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSTING DATE: ||07/17/2017|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002659|
|POSITION: ||FOOD SERVICE CASHIER |
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
1. Possess high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Successfully complete WINSNAP training and function as a sub cashier at various sites.
3. Possess or be able to obtain a current Maricopa County food handler’s certificate.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Possess excellent customer service skills.
6. Ability to operate a computer, standard office machines and work-related equipment.
7. Ability to work cooperatively with administrators, teachers, and students.
8. Ability to balance monies and reports.
9. Ability to organize work to meet a time schedule.
10. Ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 40 lbs.
11. Ability to relate to students, staff and public in a positive manner.
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
Performs appropriate bookkeeping procedures to ensure accurate cash and records for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. Strive to provide excellent customer service to students, parents, and school staff.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
1. Receive and deposit monies into student accounts, gives correct change.
2. Understand procedure and operate point of sale meal program software.
3. Balance and prepare daily deposit.
4. Prepare daily and monthly reports of cash received and meals sold.
5. Maintain accurate class lists and free/reduced verification lists.
6. Operate POS during meal service.
7. Assist with food preparation, meal service, and cleaning on a daily basis.
8. Operate a computer, standard office machines and work-related equipment on a daily basis.
9. Communicate to parents, staff, and students with respect and courtesy at all times.
10. Provide optimal customer service by welcoming and providing positive interaction with the students at meal time.
11. Organize work to meet a time schedule and assist in catering duties.
12. Possess a working knowledge of proper cooking and serving temperatures to ensure food is safe for consumption.
13. Understand and apply safety-related precautions as outlined in SDS (safety data sheets).
14. Produce neat and orderly work.
15. Operate as a team member of the kitchen at all times.
16. Knowledge of proper response required by current school crisis plan.
17. Lift and move items weighing up to 40 lbs., for example stock food items, pushcarts and food cases.
18. Participates and understands HACCP monthly training lessons.
19. Read and understand all department SOPs.
20. Attend annual training in-services provided by the district.
21. Participate in Wellness education activities.
22. Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as assigned.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in English materials lists and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customer or employees.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated Food Service Manager.
SUPERVISION: Supervised by Food Service Manager. Exercises no supervisory duties.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
Salary Range: $11.54 - $18.69 (DOE)
6 hrs. per day / School Calendar plus 5 days / Benefits
| ||FROM -   TO - |
|GRADE / STEP: ||9|