| ||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSTING DATE: ||09/25/2018|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002922|
|LOCATION: ||District Wide|
|POSITION: ||DISTRICT TOA - MATH INSTRUCTIONAL COACH|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Math Endorsement required
- Minimum five years of teaching experience
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
The primary responsibility of this position is to support teachers in enhancing their mathematics instructional practices.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
1. Serves as the district liaison to support, mentor and review mathematics practices K-8.
2. Serves as a communication liaison on the mathematics programs between teacher, administration and district personnel.
3. Assists with the development, alignment, and implementation of mathemeatics curriculum that emphasizes state mathematics standards.
4. Serves as a lead facilitator for professional development in mathematics for K-8 teachers.
5. Contributes to the accomplishment of district and school goals and priorities.
6. Provides instructional intervention as determined by the needs of school sites.
7. Facilitates grade levels in interpreting and utilizing various assessment data for instructional planning and goal setting.
8. Models effective standards-based mathematics instructional practices to meet the needs of diverse populations (ELD, SPED, etc) and to maintain district mathematics expectations.
9. Facilitates implementation of effective research-based instructional strategies such as flexible grouping of students, differentiating instruction, etc.
10. Serves as a leader in the implementation of district curriculum and instructional programs.
11. Participates in mentor training and serves as a mentor to designated staff.
12. Works collaboratively with building and district administration.
13. Participates in curriculum design, adoption and assessment development.
14. Assists with the organization and implementation of district and state assessments.
15. Supports district mission and vision.
16. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director for Curriculum and Instruction.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate technology into classroom instruction
- Demonstrates knowledge of interpreting data and assessments to make instructional decisions.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility, dependability, organization, and collaboration.
- Possesses collaborative leadership skills, mentoring skills, and knowledge of the adult learner.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate assessment results and current mathematics research.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to innovate.
- Demonstrates lifelong learning.
- Ability to work effectively with technology, MAP, Illuminate, Google, etc.
- Ability to stay informed on the latest research, trends and developments in all areas of education.
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
Reports To: Executive Director for Curriculum and Instruction.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Board policy by the Executive Director for Curriculum and Instruction.
Maintains valid certifications, fingerprint card and Appropriately Certified status.
Observes teacher calendar and all Madison School District policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and to travel from site to site within the district.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
Salary to be determined yearly according to Governing Board approved range.
Certified Teacher contract with an additional 4 weeks.
| ||FROM - 10/22/2018   TO - 05/22/2019|
|GRADE / STEP: |