TITLE: Dispatcher/Routing Specialist
- High school diploma or GED Certificate.
- Experience in scheduling and dispatching school buses.
- Ability to operate communications equipment.
- Ability to operate office machines including copiers, fax, calculators and IP phone system.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Computer experience; Windows, Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Have 3 years bus driving experience.
- Have a valid CDL license.
- Must possess valid Arizona school bus certification.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication channels with all district staff.
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Provide a positive district image for all parents, visitors and personnel who desire information and/or service.
- Ability to communicate calmly and clearly in stressful situations.
- Develop bus routes and schedules. Assess effectiveness of routes.
- Review each route to ensure safe and efficient travel.
- Make changes as needed and gives notice to schools, parents/students, district departments, and drivers in advance of said changes.
- Schedule special events, field trips and other routine and non-routine bus-related needs.
- Monitor driver adherence to schedules and routes.
- Coordinate and assist with dispatch of dispatch of District transportation vehicles.
- Coordinate transportation for McKinney/Vento students through communications with Community Education Director.
- Comply with all State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Perform and properly complete pre-trip inspections of buses.
- Comply with all traffic and discipline policies set forth.
- Maintain numerous confidential files and records.
- Provide the Supervisor with information for the 100 day report.
- Substitute as a school bus driver in times of absences and/or emergencies.
- Responsible for arming/disarming transportation offices as needed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Supervised by the transportation supervisor.
- Exercises supervision of bus drivers and bus attendants in conjunction with or in the absence of transportation supervisor.
- Ability to understand and interpret road maps, street signs, and related information.
- Ability to respond orally and, as required, in writing, to questions, inquiries. Able to provide assistance and information to co-workers, school district staff, and others having business with the district.
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR/GRADE ON SALARY SCHEDULE:
52 week (split shift hours as needed) - Grade 14 Salary Range: $15.43 - $24.75 (DOE)
Job Contact Information
Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)