TITLE: CUSTODIAN II
- Possess high school diploma or equivalent,
- Require one year custodial experience.
- Demonstrate aptitude or competence in performing custodian duties.
- Lift and manipulate equipment and materials weighting up to 100 pounds.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Clean and preserve designated spaces, equipment, etc.
- Relate to public, staff and students in a positive manner.
Keep the District school buildings in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program.
- Cleans classrooms, cafeterias, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, sidewalks and all other assigned areas.
- Sweep, dust, vacuum, scrub, wax and polish floors.
- Wash windows, walls, woodwork and equipment.
- Empty trash receptacles.
- Move furniture and equipment for cleaning and special events.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Do minor maintenance and repair work.
- Report safety hazards or needs for major repairs.
- Responsible for security of building and grounds.
- Work with the maintenance crew when school is not in session, if required.
- Understand and apply safety-related precautions as outlined in SDS (safety data sheets).
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to, the following: hand tools, buffer, vacuum, PC, auto scrubber, blower, carpet
machine and wet-dry vacuum.
- Move items including, but not limited to, tables, paper and gypsum.
- Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as assigned.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations / issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
Performance will be evaluated by Night Lead.
Supervised by the Night Lead and in their absence, Principal and/or Director of Maintenance and Transportation. Exercises no supervisory responsibilities.
GRADE / LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
Grade 10 $12.66-$20.35 (DOE)
8 hours 11:00AM-7:00PM
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)