BILINGUAL ECP (EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM) INSTRUCTOR (2019-2020 SY)
MADISON SCHOOL DISTRICT #38
TITLE: ECP (Early Child Program) Instructor
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education/child development or an associate’s degree in early childhood education/child development, or a CDA credential preferred. Work experience with preschool children may be substituted for education as deemed appropriate by the Director of Community Education.
- Demonstrated understanding of high quality preschool programming, and demonstrated ability to work successfully with 3, 4 & 5 year old children and their families. Ability to work effectively with families from diverse cultures and lifestyles. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member. Experience with the High/Scope approach desirable.
JOB GOAL: To plan, lead and implement classroom activities in the Madison School District ECP Program.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate preschool activities using the High/Scope approach.
- Lead and guide Assistant(s) in implementation of daily activities.
- Model appropriate teaching strategies and train Aide(s) as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Supervise classroom setup, routines and activities to insure children’s safety at all times.
- Maintain a classroom environment which promotes active learning, key experiences, cooperation and enjoyment.
- Maintain standards of acceptable behavior using positive, non-punitive, developmentally appropriate techniques for guidance.
- Assist the Program Manager in assuring that licensing standards are met, and in working toward high quality program standards as outlined by NACCP (National Association for Child Care Providers).
- Work with Program Manager, Director of Community Education and Assistants in team planning, observation and assessment of children’s daily activities and progress.
- Interact with parents in a supportive and responsive manner, keeping them informed of the daily progress and needs of their child(ren).
- Work with the Director of Community Education to ensure that children with special needs are appropriately and effectively served by the program.
- Work with Program Coordinator to maintain adequate on-hand resources, supplies and equipment.
- Participate in all staff meetings and staff development training opportunities.
- Perform supervision, clerical and clean-up duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Community Education.
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: Benefits/ECP Instructor Salary Range
Performance will be evaluated by the Director of Community Education.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Supervised by the Director of Community Education.
Job Contact Information
Monday, June 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)