|POSTING DATE: ||07/25/2018|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002881|
|LOCATION: ||Maint. & Transportation|
|POSITION: ||Administrative Secretary II - DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE AND TRANSPORTATI|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
1. High school diploma or equivalent; college preferred.
2. Four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
3. College level work and public school system experience preferred.
4. Type at the rate of not less than 60 wpm.
5. Ability to take and transcribe dictation.
6. Computer experience; Windows 95, Word, Excel.
7. Knowledge/Experience in basic record/bookkeeping and office procedures.
8. Command of business English and able to write letters using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
9. Able to operate standard office equipment and machines including, but not limited to, the following: computer, printer, scanner, telephone, fax machine, copier, duplicator and calculator.
10. Self-starter with ability to prioritize.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence and conferences.
12. Ability to perform public school budgeting activities.
13. Ability to communicate with others in a clear and precise manner.
14. Ability to relate to children, staff and public in a positive manner.
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
JOB GOAL: Performs secretarial duties for the Director of Maintenance/Transportation in a pleasant and efficient manner
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Prepares correspondence independently from oral instruction.
2. Maintains Maintenance and Construction filing system including responsibility for confidential files.
3. Conducts interviews with applicants and staff members.
4. Responsible for processing PAR's, time sheets and other personnel documents for Maintenance and Transportation employees.
5. Responsible for processing all preventative maintenance orders and work orders for all locations.
6. Facilitates various vendor accounts (i.e. pest control, security, landscape and fertilization, etc.)
7. Responsible for operation and maintenance of multiple computer projects in Maintenance and Transportation.
8. Answers routine questions regarding school policies and procedures.
9. Schedules and attends meetings, takes notes and prepares summaries for distribution to participants.
10. Types and prepares state and local reports for administrators, superintendent, and Board, as directed.
11. Processes mail and phone calls and follows-up with replies by phone or in writing to complaints.
12. Responsible for purchase order processing and receiving documents for Maintenance and Transportation.
13. Uses equipment including, but not limited to, the following: computer, telephone, copy machine, duplicator, fax, typewriter, and printer.
14. Operates equipment safely.
15. Assists in preparing and typing of bid specifications and documents.
16. Conducts research and evaluation for the department.
17. Understands and applies safety-related precautions as outlined in MSDS.
18. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
EVALUATION: The Director of Maintenance/Transportation will evaluate performance.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Supervised by the Director of Maintenance/Transportation.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR/GRADE ON SALARY SCHEDULE:
52 Weeks/ Grade 14/Salary Range $15.43-24.75 (DOE) /Benefits
| ||FROM -   TO - |
|GRADE / STEP: |