| ||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSTING DATE: ||05/07/2018|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002844|
|LOCATION: ||Traditional Academy|
|POSITION: ||5th GRADE ELA TEACHER|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Highly qualified under NCLB guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national standards, district curriculum and instructional materials and assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of interpreting data and assessments to make instructional decisions.
- Supports school and district mission and vision.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility, dependability, organization, and collaboration.
- Establishes rapport with peers and parents.
- Is willing to participate in district training for coaching.
- Demonstrates lifelong learning.
- Seeks opportunities to demonstrate leadership.
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
JOB GOAL:To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom, to motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with other staff members.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
- Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Teaches curriculum aligned to state standards.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
Maintains valid certifications, fingerprint card and NCLB highly qualified status. Observes teacher calendar and all Madison School District policies.
Performance will be evaluated by the building principal or designee.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
Please see the Certified Teacher salary schedule posted on madisonaz.org website.
Salary to be determined yearly according to Governing Board approved range.
| ||FROM - 08/01/2018   TO - 05/22/2019|
|GRADE / STEP: |