2019 Bilingual Parent Liaison for EL Summer School
Bilingual Parent Liaison for EL Summer School
1. Require an excellent command of English and Spanish particularly in the areas of speaking, reading and writing.
2. Proficient with Power School, Microsoft Word/Excel.
3. Ability to relate to staff, public and students in a positive manner.
4. Ability to take initiative for coordinating/organizing activities and events.
5. Demonstrate stong organizational skills.
6. Ability to handle confidential material.
The main objective of the Bilingual Parent Liason is to increase parent and family involvement in the EL Summer School Program. The role of this position is to establish effective communication between home and school and to improve community outreach and training opportunities for parents and families of EL students in grades K-8 that will impact the student academic performance of our English language learners.
1. Communicate with parents and families by phone or in person when necessary.
2. Provide information to parents concerning program policy and procedures, registration, transportation and discipline.
3. Provide translation services in English and Spanish for parents, staff, and administrators.
4. Provide basic first aid to students and contact parents when more extensive first aid is required.
5. Assist with parent pick-up and bus procedures, food program etc..
6. Coordinate attendance and contact parents/guardians regarding student absence.
7. Serve as coordinator for transportation arrangements for parents requesting assistance.
8. Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
*APPROXIMATELY 50 HOURS TOTAL
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)