| ||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSTING DATE: ||03/07/2018|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002813|
|POSITION: ||1:1 REGISTERED NURSE|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
1. As outlined in the Arizona State Board of Education/Vocational Education Certification Rules and Regulation Booklet (revised January 1990) School Nurse's must, at the least, meet the following requirements: A valid Arizona Registered Nurse's License or Licensed Practical Nurse and Two years nursing experience – pediatric experience preferred
2.Knowledge of the purpose of the school health program and procedures within the State of Arizona.
3.Demonstrates understanding, patience and tactfulness with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
4.Possesses working knowledge / understanding of community health and social problem resources.
5.Demonstrates ability to maintain accurate, current records.
6.Demonstrates ability to manage the health office.
7.Demonstrates ability to work with students, staff, and public to provide health education.
8.Demonstrates ability to use standard office and health services equipment.
9.Demonstrates ability to relate to students, staff and public in a positive manner.
10. Must possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively with partner Health Associate independently and to make sound judgments and decisions in a wide variety of situations under pressure of a school-based health services office.
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
Successfully partner with the position of Health Associate to collaborate, communicate, and cooperate on the oversight of the school-based at shared schools. Create a climate of health and well being in the school health office. Serve as a resource for teachers, staff, students, and families as well as the Health Associate in school-based matters. Work and plan with administrators, school personnel, parents, students, medical professionals, civic groups, and community agencies to improve the health of school-aged children by disseminating information and to minimize health problems that may interfere with effective learning.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Assumes the responsibility for appropriate intervention, management, and referral for school-aged student healthcare matters.
2.Dispense medications to students as needed.
3.Identifies and reports to the principal suspected child abuse and neglect per applicable laws and school district policies.
4.Collaborates / communicates / cooperates positively and successfully with the Health Associate to maximize health services for school-aged students in the schools shared between the School Nurse and the Health Associate.
5.Provides orientation and ongoing health training in school-based health protocols for partner Health Associate in shared school settings.
6.Serves as key medical/ participant in all school-aged student 504 and/or Homebound identifications / modifications to maximize effective student learning.
7.Requisitions and maintains medical supplies within the school.
8.Works collaboratively on attendance recordkeeping with attendance clerk.
9.Participates in the health evaluation process for placement of special education students.
10.Works successfully on two different campuses in collaboration with the Health Associate.
11. Initiates / maintains/ updates and accurate school health records.
12.Serves as an industrial nurse, processing workplace compensation claims and documents staff / adult injuries within the school setting.
13.Aids school-aged students in management of school healthcare matters to allow students to develop their full potential in health and education.
14.Cooperates with local health department on school-based healthcare matters and concerns.
15.Provides information to teaching staff that relates general sound health to effective learning in educational settings.
16.Gives medical leadership and guidance in development and maintenance of school health programs, such as: vision / hearing screening and immunization programs.
17.Contributes to general health education program of school and community.
18. Assumes responsibility in caring for the sick and injured in the school in accordance with school policy.
19.Cooperates with families and physician in the general health program for children.
20.Interacts with students, staff, and public in a positive manner.
21.Understands and applies safety precautions as outlined in MSDS.
22.Submits Medicaid billing as outlined and requested by the district’s Department of Special Education.
23.Operates equipment safely.
24. Meets collaboratively and in a positive manner with Health Associate and Director of Special Education on a regular basis at the district office.
25. Performs additional duties as assigned.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education and School Principal.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated by the building principal with input from the Director of Special Education.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
Please refer to RN/LPN Salary Range posted on madisonaz.org website.
Salary placement dependent on experience and education.
Salary to be determined yearly according to the Governing Board approved range.
| ||FROM - 07/25/2018   TO - 05/22/2019|
|GRADE / STEP: |