| ||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSTING DATE: ||03/09/2018|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002818|
|LOCATION: ||Madison #1|
|POSITION: ||MIDDLE SCHOOL SELF CONTAINED AUTISM TEACHER |
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
1. Arizona certificate for mildly disabled students (LD, ED, MIMR, OI). Other categories considered.
2. A comprehensive knowledge of special education students’ needs and special education programming.
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
To provide excellent special education instruction to students with disabilities; to demonstrate best practices to enhance student performance; to provide excellent educational opportunities in the least restrictive environment that is conducive to student achievement.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
1. Increasing students’ language development and communication skills, cognitive and literacy skills; improving motor ability to enhance school performance; increasing mathematical reasoning and problem-solving skills; social and behavior skills.
2. Ability to work cooperatively and collaborate with general education staff to enhance student progress and provide necessary accommodations and modifications in the general education environment.
3. Ability to plan for and supervise instructional assistants.
4. Ability to promote the inclusion of students as appropriate for individual students.
5. Knowledge and experience in effective inclusive practices.
6. Ability to develop effective lesson plans based on appropriate IEP development.
7. Commitment to helping students achieve in the Madison curriculum and according to state standards.
8. Ability to work effectively with parents.
9. Commitment to attend district training in math and literacy learning.
10. Attend all Faculty meetings, participate and contribute in all staff development.
11. Participate in Multidisciplinary Conference meetings, IEP meetings and Parent Teacher Conferences; as needed and appropriate.
12. Personal characteristics include: positive attitude, high energy level, organized, attentive to time lines, thorough with paperwork requirements, a team player, a contributing faculty member, able to manage multiple tasks and an effective communicator.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
1. Successful experience working with students with MD, LD, ED, MIMR, and other categories.
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education and School Principal.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated by the building principal with input from the Director of Special Education.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
Please refer to Certified Teacher salary schedule posted on madisonaz.org
Salary to be determined yearly according to the Governing Board approved range.
| ||FROM - 08/01/2018   TO - 05/22/2019|
|GRADE / STEP: |