|POSTING DATE: ||07/17/2017|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002539|
|LOCATION: ||To Be Determined|
|POSITION: ||ECP (EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM) AIDE|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
1. Prefer one year experience working with early childhood children in a group setting, or experience in early childhood education/child development preferred.
2. Prefer high school diploma or equivalent (A copy will need to be provided).
3. Relate to children, parents and staff in a positive and effective manner.
4. Possess health, energy and willingness to assist in providing a high quality preschool program.
5. Work as an effective team member.
6. Require Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card (within 10 days of hire)
7. Require CPR and First Aid Certification.
7. Complete a minimum of 18 hours of in-service credits in appropriate coursework each year.
8. Require proof of Mantoux TB test results. (prior to first day of employment).
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
Support Instructor by performing classroom duties and supervision and guidance of children as needed.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
1. Assist preschool instructor in implementing instructional program and activities.
2. Interact with children, parents and staff in a positive and effective manner.
3. Assist Instructor in monitoring classroom setup, routines and activities to ensure children’s safety at all times.
4. Assist in the guidance of children’s behavior, using positive, non-punitive, developmentally appropriate techniques for guidance.
5. Monitor children’s activities and work with children on a one-to-one basis as assigned.
6. Work with Instructor in team planning, observation and assessment of children’s daily activities and progress.
7. Participate in all staff meetings and staff development training opportunities.
8. Become familiar with operation of instructional equipment and materials as well as office machines for preparing materials.
9. Perform clerical or clean-up duties as assigned.
10. Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as assigned.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customer or employees.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations / issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
EVALUATION: Performance evaluated by the Preschool Instructor and/or ECP/MAC Site Coordinator.
SUPERVISION: Supervised by the Preschool Instructor and/or ECP/MAC Site Coordinator.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
Salary Range $10.50 - $16.03 (DOE)
5.75/Hours per day
School Calendar plus 3 Days (Summer optional)
| ||FROM -   TO - |
|GRADE / STEP: ||8|