| ||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSTING DATE: ||05/17/2017|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002677|
|LOCATION: ||Camelview Elementary|
|POSITION: ||CROSSING GUARD 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Ability to walk and/or stand for periods of one to two hours or more and work in an outdoor environment.
3. Relates to students, parents, and staff in a positive manner.
4. Ability to work in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Knowledge of local traffic laws and safety practices.
6. Must attend and pass all classes required for crossing guards.
7. Ability to lift between 30-40 lbs.
8. Ability to work with students on a one-on-one basis
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: |
Assist students in crossing roadway(s) at specific crosswalk or intersection(s) on the way to and from school. Also to monitor student activity and assist teachers and staff during listed hours.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Assists students through intersections and thoroughfares at established crosswalks.
2. Alerts motorists to the presence of students by displaying appropriate signs, and stops traffic as necessary to protect the safety of children.
3. Directs students to comply with traffic signals.
4. Places and removes appropriate signs in the roadways.
5. Makes good decisions involving students and motorists.
6. Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
7. Follows teacher(s) directions to provide a consistent discipline program for students.
8. Understands and applies safety-related precautions as outlined in MSDS.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
9 month employee/ EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated by the Principal. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Supervised by the Principal. Exercises supervision where students are crossing at the street crossing and at lunch, but no other supervisory responsibilities.
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
Salary Range: $10.50 - $14.25 (DOE)
| ||FROM -   TO - |
|GRADE / STEP: || 6|